I've been itching to launch a few more rockets, and tonight was just beautiful. I knew I'd only have about an hour of daylight to launch in, but fortunately I had prepared a few low-fliers (including my Lo Flier) in advance. Tracy took the pictures, as usual, and Taylor and her friend Jaclyn assisted with the recovery. Click the pictures for a larger view.
I started with my poor, ugly Semroc Mark on an A10-3T. It was a perfect flight, though it arched to the south a bit more than I liked. I tilted the pad to the north a bit before the next flight. Taylor almost caught this one, which would set the tone for the evening.
Next up was my Mini X-24 Bug on an A10-3T. It was a typical flight, fast off the rod, low flight, ejecting the engine after turning over. The engine casing almost hit Tracy, while the rocket nosed into the grass a bit further away.
I launched my Lo Flier on an A3-4T next. The shock cord got scorched and stuck inside the body, but enough came out for the streamer to deploy. It'll need a little work before I fly it again.
I launched Taylor's Gauchito next, on an A3-4T. Obviously I didn't use enough wadding here either, as the chute was slightly melted. Thankfully, it landed in the grass and, other than the chute, was not damaged.
I flew my 30 year old Centuri Flying Saucer next, on a C6-3. As I've noted before, the rocket is supposed to be flown with a C6-0 booster engine; I'm just cheap. It's a bit dirty now, but it still flies fine. I do warn my recovery crew not to try to catch it (see below for the reason why).
I rigged another A10-3T and launched the Mini Bug again; it was a carbon copy of the first flight.
Last, I put another C6-3 into my Flying Saucer; this time the Saucer arched to the east instead of to the north, embedding one of the antennas in the dirt. No damage.