Projects
Order: Newest First
FSI Sprint Clone: Primary Build Complete
November 24, 2013

Today I finished the primary assembly of my FSI Sprint clone. I started by cutting a piece of a paper clip, mainly the large bend with a bit of leg on each side, then bending the lower part of the legs outward at 90° angles and twisting them slightly. I cut matching notches in the upper #8-#11 ring, then laid the paper-clip loop in them so that the bent legs would hook under the ring. The point of all of this was to create a metal shock cord mount for a reusable shock cord. I intended to take a picture of this part, but just plain forgot.

... click here to read more ...

More Progress on the Atlantis
November 14, 2013

Got a little more done tonight. Attached Kevlar to the engine mount with CA, per my usual procedure. I know replaceable Kevlar is the "in" thing now, but I couldn't work out a good way to do it with this rocket, and as it's going to be an infrequent flier I decided to stick to the tried-and-true method.

... click here to read more ...

Rear Ejection Rocket Project -- Fins Attached
January 27, 2013

I got the fins on my Gooniebird Zero and modified Ruskie today. I had to make my own fin alignment wraps for both. The GB0 was pretty easy since it's just three evenly spaced fins, but the Ruskie's fins are laid out unusually.

Click here to read more...

Tyvek Parachute
April 15, 2011

I sell and service computers for a living, and for probably a year now my distributor has been sending me computers packaged in Tyvek bags. The bags protect the shiny parts of the computer from scratching; when we deliver a computer to a customer, we don't take all the packaging. Since I'm a pack rat, the bags have been piling up.

Click here to read more...

Centuri Logo Decals
December 19, 2010

I wanted to make my own decals for clones of Centuri rockets, but the decal graphics for the logo which I've found so far aren't very good. So I spent some time with Inkscape redoing those scans, and since I know I'm not the only person with this need, I'm posting them here.

Click here to read more...

Big Daddy 4x18 is DONE!
June 16, 2010

Well, it's been done for a while... but we just got pictures taken today.

Click here to read more...

Mo' Skeeter -- Completed, and Launched
July 9, 2009

At our 4-H Club Launch on the 9th of July, I got to launch the Mo' Skeeter for the first (and presently only) time. It flew well and recovered nicely, albeit on the roof of the landowner's machine shed. Thankfully, we were able to recover it in good shape.

Click here to read more...

Celestial Navigator -- Repaired
May 6, 2010

Repairs on the Celestial Navigator have been completed!

Click here to read more...

Alpha X: Sort of an Alpha, but not quite...
February 7, 2008

I have an Alpha, been around for a while, and it's one of my favorite fliers even though it always wants to drift away. So I was sitting at the table surrounded by parts trying to decide what to build, when it came to me to build an Alpha with a difference.

Click here to read more...

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

Pharos I: Fantasy Scale Rocket
February 7, 2008

Here's my latest creation: Pharos I, a "fantasy scale" rocket.

Click here to read more...

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

New Centurion

I have built a rocket which I call the "New Centurion." It's inspired by the classic Centuri Centurion, which had an innovative (for the time) ejection baffle system. My New Centurion has an offset-tube baffle, breaks at the midline (just above the baffle), and features three interchangeable engine mounts (1x18mm, 2x18mm, 1x24mm D/E).

Click here to read more...

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

Cyclone

I have built my own version of Jonathon Mills' Cyclone. In the process, I created an easier-to-read (and print) version of his plans. Click here for details.

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

Rocket Propelled Goony

This is my personal project, a rocket based on a Baby Bertha kit with a few bits added. I have completed this rocket, but it has not yet been launched. Click here to read more...

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

Centuri Vector V Refurb
June 15, 2007

Well, I'm done refurbishing my 30 year old Centuri Vector V. Click here for details.

For the fleet page entry for this rocket, click here

Black Vulcan

I've created my own "clone" of the old Centuri Vulcan rocket. I call my version the "Black Vulcan."

Click here for details.

Click here to view the Fleet page entry for this rocket.

Cardinal

This is a kitbash based on a Quest Flash. Read more...

Click here to view the Fleet page entry for this rocket.

Launch Stand

Well, it's done! Today I took five pieces of 2x6 lumber scrap, ripped them down to 2x4, then cut the four leg pieces to 30" length. The top board happened to be just under 53" long, and I left it that length; with a bit more than 5" on each end to hold the leg brackets, I was able to space the tilt and swivels 14" apart. Click here to read more...

Launch Controller

I have built two launch controllers so far, one made mostly of junk and the other crafted from wood. Read more...

Centuri Bandito Clone

I've built a "clone" of the classic Centuri Bandito; in the process, I created a PDF of the paper fins used by that model, which I distribute from this site for free.

Click here for build details and the download.

Click here for the Fleet page entry for this rocket.

Slidewhistle

I have created my own very simple paper rocket design. Just print the PDF on 110# paper. Click here for details.

Click here to view the Fleet page entry for this rocket.

Download Statistics

Comments

Contents Copyright © 2006 Chris Gonnerman. All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated 10/08/2015