I was getting desperate to launch some rockets... if you look back through my launch reports, you'll see why. It's been a while. So when I got home from work today and the conditions were perfect, I just had to head out to the back yard and launch a few.
A barely perceptible south wind greeted me there. The sun was getting low in the sky, but I had prepped my rockets fully before starting out to avoid any delays.
I started with my modified Mini Max, but it wouldn't ignite. So I pulled it and put my Quest Cobalt 13mm on in its place, with an A10-3T. It lit up and flew beautifully, arcing very slightly to the north, and recovered fine.
I pulled and reinserted the igniter in the modified Mini Max, and this time it took off fine on a 1/2A3-4T. Like the Cobalt, it arced slightly to the north but recovered just fine. I noted a fresh "Estes dent" in the nose cone, but no damage to the end of the body tube. I also noticed the body tube just above the engine mount seemed slightly bulged... I may have to retire this one.
Next up was my Lo Flier on a 1/2A3-4T. This one flew the best, and arced more than the previous two, though it still stayed within my yard. I noticed a small amount of damage to the tip of one fin, but nothing that would prevent me from flying it again.
Last up was my Mini Max on an A10-3T. I tilted the pad very slightly south, and the rocket arced very slightly south. Still, it recovered within the yard with no noticeable damage.